Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spur: Training the Beast, Part 6

Class Day 5, April 24


(I was absent, out of town. So all I have is information relayed to me by Doug.) On the way to class, up in our hometown, there was a license check on the on-ramp to the highway. Spur went nuts, barking aggressively at the cop that came to the window asking for Doug’s drivers’ license. Doug apologized to the policeman, explaining they were on their way to class. Doug reached for his wallet and flipped it open. He was immediately dismissed by the cop, “That’s Okay. I see your license. You can go.”

Courtney, Doug and Spur headed over to the mall again. Doug said he did well. He didn’t mention that Spur barked at anyone. He said they worked on having people stop and feed Spur treats. People stopped to admire him; two girls stopped to snap a photo of him. People asked to pet him but that’s where Courtney and Doug said, “No.” That’s about all I know about Spur’s class this week.

No comments: