Sunday, November 29, 2009

A new toy!

I've attended AU (#AU2009) for the past four years. This year's decision to go was a difficult choice since 1) I got laid off from Little in February; 2) I'm working in a new job that i) doesn't use Revit ii)looked at me like I was growing horns when I mentioned in my interview that i'd like to attend this year iii) will not be paying me for this time out of the office; 3) money is tight with the huge paycut I had to take.

Last year, I drug along my work laptop so I could review items from my classes and keep in touch through e-mail. Internet in the room was $10/day ... Yikes! So, I dragged that laptop around to my classes where I could tap into the conference's wi-fi. I knew I didn't want to do that again, so I figured I'd just be out of touch except for cell texting.

That is, until someone on the AUGI boards posted that they picked up an iPod touch. I was trying to convince myself that I was unimpressed by these gadgets and did not need one. Until this post made me reevaluate. Lucky for me, it was just before Black Friday and I had some time to do some research and price checking.

So, at 4:30 am on Friday, I found myself amongst the Wal-mart doorbuster crazies purchasing my very own iPod touch. I'm having a great time with it; and, i'm not going to be out of touch while I'm in Vegas this year!!!

See ya in Vegas!

Sent from my iPod

No comments: